Speakers attending Calgary City Teachers' Convention are responsible for the following items:
• Bring your computer and cables to attach to an LCD projector. LCD projectors at all locations are VGA ONLY.
Speakers are required to bring their own VGA cables and HDMI to VGA active converter cables and MAC converter cables.
BE PREPARED BRING YOUR OWN.
• Prepare your presentation and ensure it works. If the presentation is stored on a school board network or storage, ie CBE, CSSD, you may not be able to access your information. Do not make an assumption that it will work, create a back up copy on your computer or have a copy of your presentation on an external drive or USB device and bring it with you.
• There is a 45 min break between sessions. This is your opportunity to set up and test devices. If you are located at St Marys High School, there are limited resources during the 45 min window, plan ahead and speak to the onsite IT person in advance. There is only one person on site, this person has limited time therefore try to have all your AV issues resolved BEFORE you arrive on location.
THINGS TO KNOW...
• Pick up your speaker badge for the differing venues at the following locations:
Telus Convention Centre: Telus 110
Hyatt Regency Calgary: Telus 110
Telus Spark: Front entrance, Reception table
St Marys High School: Teachers Lounge at St Marys High School
• Speaker, Volunteer, Host lunch options:
Speakers, Volunteers and Hosts will access their lunch using their speaker badge.
Coffee breaks and Lunch options for speakers, volunteers and hosts in the following centres.
• There is coffee available at Telus 110, February 15 and February 16. If speakers would like to have a snack throughout the day, there is a concession stand at the top of the escalators, Telus Convention Centre. This concession stand has a variety of healthy snack choices for a reasonable fee.
• Telus Convention Centre: Hyatt Regency Calgary, lower level Thompsons Restaurant. Lunch will be buffet style between the hours of 11 am - 1:30 pm.
• Hyatt Regency Calgary: Hyatt Regency Calgary, lower level Thompsons Restaurant. Lunch will be buffet style between the hours of 11 am - 1:30 pm.
• Telus Spark: Speakers, Volunteers and Hosts will receive a $20 gift certificate in their lanyard. This gift certificate is for Telus Spark Cafeteria. This will offer speakers the ability to purchase coffee in the morning with sufficient funds available for lunch.
• St Marys High School: Speakers will receive a $20 voucher in your speaker lanyard. Use this voucher to obtain lunch at one of the three food trucks to be located at St Marys High School 11 am - 1:00 pm.
Coffee, muffins and sweet breads will be available in the teachers lounge
February 15 - 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
February 16 - 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
Speaker logins for access to wifi.....
Telus Convention Centre
Log in: Speaker
Log in: cctca2018
No password required
St Marys High School
Log in: marys
If you have questions, feel free to contact Janet at 403.809.3508 or email email@example.com.